Frequently Asked Tree Service Questions
When should I consider tree removal?
One of our arborists can help decide whether or not a tree should be removed. Our professional crews have the skills and equipment to safely and efficiently remove trees.
Removal is recommended when the tree:
- Is dead or dying.
- Is considered irreparably hazardous.
- Is causing an obstruction that is impossible to correct through pruning.
- Is crowding and causing harm to other trees.
- Has root problems.
- Is to be replaced by a more suitable specimen.
- Should be removed to allow for new construction.
The safety of you and your family is our primary concern. If you suspect a tree has become unsafe, or if you are in a full-blown emergency, please call us right away. Our staff will quickly and professionally handle even the most technically challenging removals.
What season is best for tree service?
We work year-round! In summer (the growing season of a tree), it is easiest to evaluate the health of the tree and do minor trimming or thinning. However, during the months of November through March (a tree’s dormant stage), it is the best time for the health of the tree to do the heavier pruning. Keep in mind that with no leaves on the tree, we have better visibility when working along roads. Our job is also made easier during this time, not only because there are no leaves, but also due to things like your flowers or lawn not needing to be avoided in order to be preserved.
Does Volunteer Tree Company do pruning?
Yes. Routine pruning improves the health of trees, restores shape, and prolongs their life. The removal of weakened, dead, diseased, or insect-infected branches that might snap during heavy winds or ice storms is beneficial in preventing storm damage. Pruning reduces the chance of breaking limbs by decreasing a tree’s wind resistance, enabling it to move with the wind.
Pruning large shade trees by homeowners should be limited to the branches that can be easily reached from the ground. Large tree pruning is a job that should be left to trained and experienced professionals because it can require climbing and the use of dangerous equipment like heavy saws, chain saws, and cherry-pickers. Personal safety should never be compromised when pruning a tree.
What is stump grinding?
Stump grinding or stump removal is a technique performed by a specialized machine and a professional operator to remove the tree stump, as well as the roots, 8-20 inches below grade. This procedure is typically performed on the same day as tree removal.
Here are some reasons why stump grinding should be done:
- Stump grinding or stump removal will help prevent sink holes.
- Manual removal of a large tree stump is costly, extremely dangerous, and time consuming.
- It creates natural mulch for your landscape use.
- Stump grinding removes the stump below grade level.
- The cutting teeth of the grinder are designed to cut and pulverize wood and soil into a wood chip and soil mixture.
We serve anyone in need of tree removal, trimming, stump grinding, or land clearing.
1367 Verona Caney Rd
Lewisburg, TN 37091
Email: [email protected]